DSA Advanced Science
- DSA Advanced Science provides a competitive edge above our regular syllabus programmes and serves to cater to different points of focus for our high-achieving PSLE students. It also aims to fulfil advanced students’ wish for more knowledge.
- Students are taught specific topics in Biology (1st module), Chemistry and Physics (2nd module).
- Skills and knowledge papers comprises questions very similar to science-competition style are included.
- All questions are challenging and aim to hone student’s analytical thinking and logical deduction skills.
- Besides focusing on the theory of the topics, activities and experiments relating to the topics will be conducted to strengthen the knowledge of the students.
- Year End Holiday 10 lessons
- Mid Year Holiday 10 lessons
|Module 1 – Biology
(Year End Holidays, 10 Lessons)
|Module 2 – Chemistry & Physics
(June Holidays, 10 Lessons)
|– Cells, Tissues, Organs & Systems
– Movement of Substances
– General Health
– Skills Paper
– Human Anatomy
– Genetics and Heredity
– Basic Ecology
– Knowledge Paper
|– Scientific Method
– Kinetic Particle Theory & Atomic Structure
– Elements, Compounds and Mixtures
– Separation Techniques
– Units & Measurements
– Rate & Speed; Mass, Weight & Density
– Forces & Pressure
– Thermal, Sound & Electrical Energy
– Reflection & Refraction of Light
– Quiz I & II (15 MCQs each)
Topics covered are subjected to change depending on the ability of students.